Friday 17 February 2017

Court remands farmer for killing 85-year old mum



An Osogbo Chief magistrate court sitting in Osun State, on Friday sent to Ilesha prison a middle aged farmer, Ayoola Kazeem for allegedly killing his mother.

Police prosecutor in charge of the matter, Corporal Badmus told the court that Kazeem killed his 85-year old mother, Mrs Taibat Ayoola on the 10th of February, 2016 in a village near Osu, the headquarter of Atakumosa West local government area of Osun state.

Badmus said the accused committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 319 (1) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol II. Laws of Osun State of Nigeria.2002.

The accused had no legal representative and his plea was not taken, but when he was allowed to address the court, Kazeem said his mother was like a pain in his neck.

He further explained: "my mother is responsible for all my misfortunes. I built three houses and burnt two because of her. I always feel like destroying things whenever she is around me.

"On that fateful day, she came to meet me in my farm and started irritating me as usual. I decided to kill her there l so as to have peace of mind."
In her ruling, Magistrate Habibat Basiru, ordered that the accused be remanded at Ilesha prison custody and adjourned the case till 15th of March, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment